June’s Impressionist and Modern Art Auctions
It was a very HOT June in London. The record breaking numbers of the Impressionist and Modern Art auctions at Sotheby’s and Christie’s totaling in a 200 Million Pounds has placed London on the map right next to its New York counterpart.
Here is the list for the top 10 Paintings sold in the Impressionist and Modern Art category:
- Claude Monet, Nymphéas £18,500,000
- Claude Monet, Waterloo Bridge, temps couvert £17,940,000
- Henri Matisse, Danseuse dans le Fauteuil, sol en Damier £10,996,000
- Claude Monet, Les arceaux de roses, Giverny (Les arceaux fleuris) £8,980,000
- Pablo Picasso, Mousquetaire et nu assis £6,740,000
- Joan Miró, Le coq £6,628,000
- Natalia Goncharova, Picking Apples £4,948,000
- Paul Signac, Constantinople (Corne d’Or) £4,836,000
- Auguste Rodin, Messagère des Dieux £4,612,000
- René Magritte, Le sabbat £4,500,000
Art and oil paintings are definitely in style. It is a pleasure to see that the Impressionist still set the tone for great works of art.