overstockArt.com Reveals Mom’s Favorites – Top Five Oil Paintings for Mother’s Day
The online art gallery overstockArt.com, revealed today its official top five list of most popular oil paintings for Mother’s Day 2012.
Topping the chart for the third consecutive year is Claude Monet’s maternal masterpiece “Poppy Field in Argenteuil.” Other artists named on the 2011 Mother’s Day Top 5 Most Popular Oil Paintings for Mom list include Gustav Klimt, Georgia O’Keeffe, Pierre-Auguste Renoir and Vincent van Gogh.
The oil paintings that made the 2012 Mother’s Day Top 5 Oil Paintings for Mom list are:
- “Poppy Field in Argenteuil,” Claude Monet – In this colorful oil painting, originally created in 1873, Claude Monet painted his wife and son strolling together among the poppies.
- “Le tre eta della donna (Mother and Child),” Gustav Klimt – Mother and Child is part of Klimt’s famous oil painting Three Ages of Woman. The painting depicts an image of a mother cradling her young son. The original was created in 1905, three years after the death of Klimt’s baby son, Otto.
- “Oriental Poppies,” Georgia O’Keeffe -This masterpiece, depicting two giant poppy flowers, features an explosion of brilliant hues of red and orange. Without any background to the painting, the focus is on the oversized detailing of the flowers.
- “Water Lilies (pink),” Claude Monet – Brand new to the gallery, the pink rendition of Claude Monet’s famous series of paintings is already a best seller. This unique rendering of one of Monet’s most beloved paintings features vivid shades of pink, purple, blue and red.
- “Luncheon of the Boating Party,” Pierre-Auguste Renoir – Recognized as one of the most significant paintings of the Impressionist period, Renoir’s captures an idyllic atmosphere as his friends share food, wine, and conversation on a balcony overlooking the Seine at the Maison Fournaise restaurant in Chatou. This work of art serves as an icon of an age, a place, and an ideal way of living.
More than 2,400,000 page views to overstockArt.com’s Mother’s Day gallery were tracked. According to the click tracking, “Poppy Field in Argenteuil,” was the most sought after painting clicked at almost 27 percent, and Klimt’s “Le tre eta della donna (Mother and Child)” garnered 18 percent of the clicks to grab second.
For overstockArt.com, data mining their vast amount of information grants them a unique perspective on the market. “While maternal images are understandably more popular around Mother’s Day, this year’s top five list also reflects today’s design trends which are driven by bright, bold colors and large floral patterns,” said David Sasson, CEO of overstockArt.com. “We love sharing our unique insights with the art world and our ability to forecast what people love on their wall is what enables us to offer paintings that will be cherished for years to come.”