Van Gogh On Top For Another Year
OverstockArt.com unveiled the Top Ten Most Popular Oil Paintings for 2007.
For a second consecutive year, Vincent Van Gogh tops the annual list with his indisputable masterpiece Starry Night.
According to David Sasson, CEO of OverstockArt.com, the company releases its Top 10 list of best selling art each year to show which oil paintings are the “hippest, most desirable” on the market — a fact, he says, many people are interested to know.
The Top 10 oil paintings sold online according to OverstockArt.com are:
- Starry Night – Vincent Van Gogh
- The Kiss – Gustav Klimt
- Cafe Terrace at Night – Vincent Van Gogh
- Poppy Field at Argenteuil – Claude Monet
- Persistence of Memory – Salvador Dali
- The Dream – Pablo Picasso
- The Mona Lisa – Leonardo Da Vinci
- Garden Path at Giverny – Claude Monet
- Branches of an Almond Tree in Blossom – Vincent Van Gogh
- Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre Auguste Renoir
According to Sasson’s statistics, Vincent Van Gogh’s Starry Night is the most popular oil painting on the planet. “His sales figures left everyone well behind.”
Gustav Klimt, arguably the “rising star” of the past year, has made it to the number two spot on the list with his oil painting “The Kiss,” a desirable masterpiece full of life and passion.