These 20 Paintings Are Every Bad Relationship Moment You’ve Had
The great art masterpieces transcend time and place to portray the full range of human emotions, especially love. However, they also capture our most mortifying relationship moments. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, here they are, commemorated in glorious oil on canvas by overstockArt.com.
- When your girl is emotionally unavailable.
- When he already knows he isn’t going to call the next day.
- When you think you’re having a good time at the holiday party but she’s just waiting to leave you until after the new year…
- When you realize she’s lying again and over-enthusiastically engage.
- “Well, actually…”
- When she said she’d be ready in 5 minutes.
- When he tells you that you’re overly dramatic.
- When he says they’re just friends but she gives you That. Look.
- When you fully commit to faking an illness just to get away from her.
- When your dates leave you for other dudes they met at the bar.
- When you PRAY no one sees you out with this guy.
- When she never buys her own drinks.
- When she hasn’t realized you tossed your hearing aids in the trash over five years ago.
- When the first kiss starts out awkward and just gets worse from there.
- When you literally have to cut off your hand to get him to pay attention to you.
- When they just won’t take the hint.
- When you need “me time” but she knows all your hiding places.
- Praying for forgiveness on your walk of shame.
- How you sleep knowing you’ll never have to see them again.
- The exact moment it finally clicks that all of your friends were right—she really IS insane.
I guess it ain’t all hearts and flowers all the time. It really does depend how you look at it 🙂 Let me know if you have other works of art in mind that could fit the bill as capturing bad relationship moments.