Pantone Picks Color of the Year: Greenery
Pantone’s color of the year for 2017 is called Greenery. According to their website it is a “fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew.” It brings to mind the lush and beautiful plant life that blooms in that season. This idea, that people can experience that kind of rejuvenation, gives us all a more optimistic outlook . Here are five suggestions for using this invigorating color in your own home.
- Paint– If this color is too strong to paint an entire room, but that doesn’t mean you can use it to freshen up the walls. It could be used to create an accent wall or use a stencil to create a unique pattern. You can even paint the trim and give new life to room with more neutral colors.
- Accents– Small items, such as throw pillows or drapes can also bring a little of this color into a room without being overwhelming. A rug can also be used to accent existing colors. This spring inspired shade tends to pair well with tones of melon, purple or soft yellow.
- Glass– Green glass is a subtle way to bring the outdoors inside while being versatile enough to change with the season. It will not be as bright, but with the right lighting it can cast a green glow through an entire room. We recommend experimenting with glass votive holders, lamps or even flowers vases in various sizes.
- Plants-Although it would be difficult to get the exact shade of green, bringing plants into the home will reflect the same feeling greenery represents. A hanging herb garden for the kitchen can add a refreshing touch. Houseplants in a variety of containers spread throughout the common areas bring the outdoors in and can often maintain that feeling during the winter
- Landscapes– In the same vein as the plants, adding landscape paintings to a room can give it the same lush appearance that this color is hoping for without matching it exactly. Springtime inspired pieces can lighten a room while still incorporating other colors you already have.
The hopeful, energetic inspiration behind Pantone color of the year can be achieved in your own home with only a few minor additions to the décor. That feeling will linger throughout the months and can be shared with your friends and family.