Looking back at the year in Art
This is a shortlist of the greatest moments in the art world that occurred in 2006, thank you for being involved in Art!
- Gustav Klimt’s Adelle Bloch Bauer painting sold for 135 million
- Edvard Munch Masterpiece – The Scream Returned!
- Pablo Picasso – The Dream got the elbow…
- A Jackson Pollock painting sold for 140 Million
- The Van Gogh Portrait Madame Ginoux Sold for $40.3 million
- Starry Night by Van Gogh most popular painting in the US
- Francisco De’Goya Oil Painting Recovered
- Impressionist Paintings are back in vogue
- Pablo Picasso Portrait Dora Maar with Black Cat Sold for 95.2 million
2006 was a very special year for me. First and foremost it is the year that I started ArtCorner which I hope will become a great resource for art and decor lovers.
I have learned a tremendous amount just from conversations I had with other art connoisseurs, I spent many hours in the public library catching up on art history issues and reading up on new trends in décor.
If you feel there are other events that occurred that should be on the list just let me know… Thanks again…